Over here at delipsch, health and fitness is the norm, a lifestyle if you choose. Give yourself the opportunity to be the BEST version of you by listening to your body and keeping the mind on track. We are all imperfectly perfect. The delipsch lifestyle embodies balance and moderation so make every day count.
Every Thursday in July, link up with link up with us and dedicate the day to you.
July 10: Balance
Balance: What brings balance to your life? A favorite workout? Book? Specific location? A person or animal? Share with us how you bring balance to your life.
July 17: Energy
Energy: What gets you going when the tank is running on empty? Share what kicks your energy levels into high gear.
July 24: Strength
Strength: This week is all about health and fitness. Share your favorite workouts, tips, tricks, and ways to reach your peak strength.
July 31: Total Package
Total Package: With this being the end of the month and the last day of the link-up, share with us how you define being the BEST version of you. Get creative; anything is fair game here!
This link-up is a chance to join, motivate and share with one another all things health, fitness and lifestyle to be the best version you. Embrace the journey, one link-up at a time.
Speaking of health and fitness, consider adding these compound exercises from ShareItFitness into your next wrokout. So what’s a compound exercise? It is an exercise that targets multiple areas of your body at once, including a cardiovascular element. An effective way to burn more calories and get the heart rate up.
- Jump Lunge + Mountain Climber Combo – This move is a real killer. Try going for a full minute, knocking out as many reps as possible. Really challenge yourself to get through more reps each time you see this bad boy in your routine. Great for developing the lower body, explosive power, and bumping your heart rate, the jump lunge + mountain climber combo is an amazing all-around exercise.
- Twist Burpees – We included this one just the other day in our “Most Hated Workout in the World”, but for those that haven’t checked that one out yet, you’ve got to get up to speed on twist burpees. We’ve taken the regular burpee and added a little extra plyometric element to it. On top of that, you’re forced to really use your core muscles for stabilization, adding a little strength element to this already brutal exercise.
- Weighted Twist Jumps – Here’s another one where you’re building explosive power with a plyometric-based movement, but supplementing it with the strength and stabilization effects of an added twist. This move, when performed for speed, is great at jacking up your heart rate and slashing through loads of calories and fat.
- Heel Touchers – At first glance this one looks like little more than running in place…but give it a shot and you’ll see it’s quite a bit different. With heel touchers, you’re slapping your heels as you kick them up towards your butt. This is going to force you to really work the hamstring muscles, and again, when performed for speed, will really amplify your caloric burn. Go for 1, 2, or even 3 straight minutes to really build your endurance and tone those legs.
- Barbell Surrender Squats – This is your opportunity to really challenge yourself; add some weight to the inverted end of the barbell to give yourself a serious total body workout. Legs, core, shoulders, and back are all coming into play here. Bump it up by keeping a nice steady pace, and watch your heart rate climb in no time.
- Drop Twists – Here’s another one that uses weights to really help you bump that heart rate and burn more calories. This is the basis of metabolic conditioning, which has been shown to be extremely effective in the fat burning department. With drop twists your hitting your upper and lower body muscles hard, while getting the heart-pumping benefits of the cardiovascular element. Ratchet up the weight to really turn up the challenge and develop your strength AND endurance.
All of these exercises are going to help build your athletic skill set which is something you should all be striving for. By becoming more athletic, you’re going to put yourself (and your body) in a better position to become a lean, mean, calorie-burning machine.
See you tomorrow on Week 1 of our July Challenge. Who is joining in and linking up? Cheers to being the BEST version of you and living a delipsch lifestyle. Now go on with your bad self 😉